Re: On interpreting licences (was: KDE not in Debian?)

Marc van Leeuwen wrote:

> Yet, why has nobody recently put forward this way of resolving the KDE/Qt
> issue? I've seen drastic bending of the meaning of much more unambiguous parts
> of the GPL. Maybe this was discussed and resolved long ago, or maybe I'm just
> too blind too see the obvious? Anybody please explain.

I have put this opinion forth (that Qt is distinct from the application
and not a module) in the past, but each and every time I have met with
immense disagreement and vile language, so that I have become "gun shy"
and have refrained from stating what I see as obvious.

David Johnson