Re: KDE not in Debian?

Chris Lawrence wrote:

> My belief is that the provisions that might require you to
> give your source code to Troll, even if the binary code is not
> distributed to others, were the most egregious (the GPL only obligates
> you to give source code to people you give binaries to; if you don't
> give someone binaries, you don't have to give them source either).

Section 6c, which talks about giving a copy to Troll Tech, only applies
to section 6, which is concerned with distribution. Basically, if and
only if you distribute such a program, then Troll Tech also gets a copy
if they ask. The QPL is completely silent on personal uses, disallows
"private" distributions, and is hunky-dory with public distributions.

David Johnson