Re: Was Re: KDE not in Debian?

On Mon, Jan 31, 2000 at 10:44:27AM -0800, David Johnson wrote:
> But I have a nagging suspicion that even if all the KDE source files had
> this additional clarification (or redundancy, depending on point of
> view) that there would still be other reasons not to include it in
> contrib or main.

[Warning: I'm repeating myself.  I've said all of this in earlier email.]

If all the relevant authors sign off on the statement, there would be no
problem.  But if some authors don't sign off then that would be a problem.

This is especially true if the primary authors of some piece of software
don't sign off on this additional clarification.  And this is especially
important for the case where the software was originally written for
use without Qt.

[For example, kvt:  kvt's original license is good enough to put it in
non-free without any additional clarification.  But to go in main or
contrib additional clarification would be needed.]

--
Raul