Re: Was Re: KDE not in Debian?

Chris Lawrence wrote:

> (I guess I'm missing the reason why it's so hard to get people to
> explicitly say "you can link this against Qt"; that apparently would
> satisfy the FTP maintainers and let KDE 1 into contrib [and KDE 2 into
> main]).

My assumption would be that those certain people see absolutely no need
to do it. Their interpretation of the GPL says it's okay. "If it ain't
broke, don't fix it." They don't see that it's broken.

But I have a nagging suspicion that even if all the KDE source files had
this additional clarification (or redundancy, depending on point of
view) that there would still be other reasons not to include it in
contrib or main.

David Johnson