Re: (Fwd) Re: [awansink@ke.com.au: Re: Isn't a kde version of abiw

On Fri, May 28, 1999 at 12:41:51PM +1000, Andrew Wansink wrote:
> I wasn't talking about the licenses, what I describe as a gnome plot
> is all this unsolicited harassment by people trying to discourage
> me.  When I want counsel, I'll call a real solicitor.  In the meantime,
> keep your twit agendas to yourselves.
>
> I am really in no need of people telling me what I can and can't do.
> But thanks anyway for all the helpful advice which I will now try to
> forget I ever read.

You are being deliberately insulting and overgeneralizing to the extreme.
If I had so very much against KDE and Qt, why the hell did I spend
several weeks hashing out a license that will move Qt into main as soon
as someone packages a 2.x version?

Even then as I was working on it, the Trolls and KDE people figured the
QPL would not solve the problem with GPL compatibility and were talking
about moving to another license which does what they want.  I'm drafting
(or should be, I've gotten busy) a license which addresses all of their
issues and have already agreed to work with them to solve the remaining
legal problems with other GPL code.

Oh yes, I'm part of a grand conspiracy on the part of the gnome
developers and Richard Stallman to destroy KDE by any means necessary.
That's why I work so hard to fix the legal problems so the KDE coders can
get back to coding and the KDE users won't have to worry.

<netgod> heh thats a lost cause, like the correct pronounciation of
         "jewelry"
<netgod> give it up :-)
<sage> and the correct spelling of "colour" :)
<BenC> heh
<sage> and aluminium
<BenC> or nuclear weapons
<sage> are you threating me yankee ?
<sage> just cause we don't have the bomb...
<BenC> back off ya yellow belly