Re: (Fwd) Re: [awansink@ke.com.au: Re: Isn't a kde version of abiw

Montreal Fri May 28 00:31:13 1999

<quote>
Under Linux, why are you using GTK+ instead of Qt?  Politics. Most of
the truly nerdy open source people prefer GTK+, since Qt is not quite
free enough for the deepest dogma. We want the enthusiasm of those
super-geeks right from the beginning, so we are making the choice that
will make them happy. Truth be told, we would like to support both. If
you would like to help with a Qt port, please let us know.
</quote>

Please don't be dissuaded by politicians or their harassment.
Apparently the authors think it's okay, so if you want to do it, just
go right ahead.  You might want to establish a dialog with the
AbiSource folks as the above quote from their website suggests.  Who
knows they might even pay you.

Cheers,
Navin.