Re: very short copyright; is this OK?

David Coe <david.coe@someotherplace.org> writes:

> Is this sufficient?

> ;;; Copyright (c) 1995 by Brian Edmonds, feel free to use, modify and
> ;;; redistribute under your choice of the GPL, Artistic or BSD licenses.

I think that is quite sufficient.

It could look as if what the author really wants to write is
something like "I, N.N., wrote this program and hereby contribute it
to the public domain". Which would also be acceptable - and less
confusing: about the only material requirement of a BSD license is
that the license text itself follows each copy. If the BSD license
does not follow the authors own distribution, it is a little tricky
to resolve what his permission to distribute under it actually
means.

--
Henning Makholm                    "What the hedgehog sang is not evidence."