Re: very short copyright; is this OK?

On Wed, Dec 08, 1999 at 01:03:30AM +0000, David Coe wrote:

> I wrote to the author of gnus-bbbd.el to advise him that we had
> dropped it from distribution (some time ago) because it contained
> no copyright.  He added the following two lines; is willing to
> add more if we desire.
>
> Is this sufficient?
>
> ;;; Copyright (c) 1995 by Brian Edmonds, feel free to use, modify and
> ;;; redistribute under your choice of the GPL, Artistic or BSD licenses.

It's very clearly free, despite being ambigious. I think it's sufficent
to put into Debian.

If you're still in contact with him, though, it might be nice to change
GPL to GNU GPL, version 2 or any later version. BSD is also a little vague -
it seems like it would be without advertising clause, but it doesn't say that.
BSD isn't the title of a license, it's a name for a group of closely related
licenses.

It really doesn't matter, though.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
This message property of the Secret Masters. Unauthorized