Re: Free Download End User License Agreement

On Thu, Dec 02, 1999 at 03:13:14AM -0600, Chris Lawrence wrote:
> On Dec 02, Anthony Towns wrote:
> > > They seem to be put off by liability issues, etc.
> >
> > And no doubt the risk of having their idle comments paraded about on
> > slashdot isn't exactly an incentive.
>
> It seems to me, then, that we need a debian-legal-private list.  I
> dunno how we'd handle subscription, etc., since obviously not all
> developers are interested in -legal issues.
>
> Then we can invite selected people from VA (if you want to call their
> disc with O'Reilly a separate distro), Corel, Stormix, whoever in to
> discuss these things, without creating slashdot headlines.

You are closing development. I understand the need of a few
registered-maintainers-only lists, but such
Council-Of-Big-And-Important-Persons is completely against the
spirit of free software.
The next step will be making a corporation and monopolize GNU/Linux.