Re: Corel's apt frontend

From: Wichert Akkerman <wichert@liacs.nl>
> But then you get back to the point it's easy to circumvent: one could make
> a GPL'ed patch for gcc to make inserting intermediate code simple, and then
> write a proprietary tool to generate that code..

No, it'a already easy to insert intermediate code, I think the back-end is a
separate process that reads it from a file. But I don't know if the back-end
format is documented (as the dpkg interface is). To document it, you'd have
to get rather deep into the source code, and you would probably end up copying
snippets of the source code into the generator.

	Thanks

	Bruce