Re: Corel's apt frontend

On Sun, Oct 31, 1999 at 10:45:27PM -0800, Brian Behlendorf wrote:
> Thoughts on the MPL? I find it a more than adequate compromise between
> the GPL's viral nature and BSD's optimal-reuse strategy.

Netscape owns it.  Try combining MPL with MPL' where some other company
owns MPL', then imagine people putting serious work into that combination
and distributing the result.

Then try to sort out what each company is obligated to do vs. what it's
allowed to do.  [Remember that you're not allowed to remove an author's
copyrights.]

--
Raul