Re: Corel's apt frontend

On Sun, Oct 31, 1999 at 10:45:27PM -0800, Brian Behlendorf wrote:
> > Should this interpretation of the GPL become dominant I believe we should
> > deprecate the GPL in favor of a license which does not skirt the letter of
> > the DFSG while violating its spirit in favor of some license which
> > doesn't.  (Which would suck because I don't know of any other suitable
> > licenses that do anything like what the GPL does..)
> Thoughts on the MPL?  I find it a more than adequate compromise between
> the GPL's viral nature and BSD's optimal-reuse strategy.

The MPL is not exactly light reading, to put it mildly.

- Joseph Carter         GnuPG public key:   1024D/DCF9DAB3, 2048g/3F9C2A43
- knghtbrd@debian.org   20F6 2261 F185 7A3E 79FC  44F9 8FF7 D7A3 DCF9 DAB3
"Bruce McKinney, author of of Hardcore Visual Basic, has announced that
he's fed up with VB and won't be writing a 3rd edition of his book.  The
best quote is at the end: 'I don't need a language designed by a focus