Re: Corel's apt frontend

On Sun, Oct 31, 1999 at 09:54:46PM -0500, Raul Miller wrote:
> From: Raul Miller <moth@debian.org>
> > > But you do need a copy of dpkg or it won't work.  So I don't
> > > see how this can be a problem.
>
> I understand that this definition of "modifies" is rather technical,
> and thus non-intuitive, but I've provided plenty of legal quotes to back
> up my position.  Simply asserting that I'm wrong is silly, you need to
> show some legal reference which superceeds the material which I've quoted.

Nintendo v. Galoob. Game Genie ceases to function when the Nintendo game
software is removed, but is not a derivative work nor does it create a
derivative work when used, according to the court.

I'll dig up the full text of the decision if it'll help convince people in
this argument.

--
Brian Ristuccia
brianr@osiris.978.org