Re: jdk1.1 license changes

BTW; if anyone is discussing this exclusively on debian-legal, please
cc me: I'm not on that list.

    Marcus> What the hell is "GNU/Debian linux"????

The jdk *as it stands* doesn't even support Hurd, so refering to it in
a licence is pointless.

    Marcus> Well, here it is "Debian", which hopefully means us
    Marcus> anyway, so I guess it's okay... (what does "persuant"
    Marcus> mean, btw?)

"Debian" is used everywhere else to refer to the GNU/Debian linux
distribution because it's less typing.  Again, Hurd has no relevance
here, this software only works in a linux environment unless you've
got Hurd emulating linux in which case try the current package, there
are no noticable differences.

Persuant is a typo, it's pursuant: conforming to or in accordance with.

    >> 1.1 Sun grants to you ("Licensee") a nontransferable,
    >> nonexclusive, royalty-free, limited license to use a copy of
    >> the Java Source Code ("Licensed Software") in the United
    >> States, Canada, Japan, Australia and the European Union
    >> (constituted as of the Effective Date), at the location
    >> identified below,

    Marcus> Erh, what about Russia? What about India, Korea, Vietnam?
    Marcus> What about China?  What about the all the small isles on
    Marcus> the world?

    Marcus> Where are our non-free mirrors?

If you'd read the entire text, you'd see that the section you just
quoted is part of Sun's Non-commercial source licence, an agreement
between Sun and myself which I explicitly noted appears *for reference
only.*

--
Stephen

"So if she weighs the same as a duck, she's made of wood."... "And
therefore?"... "A witch!"