Re: license question

On Mon, Oct 04, 1999 at 07:06:45PM -0700, Joey Hess wrote:
> Brian Ristuccia wrote:
> > If we disqualify breaking the law as a field of endeavor, this provision
> > still violates the DFSG. Remember, what's called breaking the law where I
> > live (selling marijuana, prostitution) might be called making a living
> > somewhere else.
>
> The license only speaks about international law.

No.

<quote>
1) Any use of analog which is illegal under international or local law is
   forbidden by this licence. Any such action is the sole responsibility of
   the person committing the action.
   [Some jurisdictions regulate the collection and processing of data relating
   to individuals, for example.]
</quote>

But the question is: are there cases this copyright would add legal
obligations that the user doesn't already have?

I would like to see this phrased as a reminder (e.g. if spam is illegal
then using analog to generate spam is illegal), but I don't see that it
violates DFSG.

--
Raul