Re: license question

On Mon, Oct 04, 1999 at 07:06:45PM -0700, Joey Hess wrote:
> Brian Ristuccia wrote:
> > If we disqualify breaking the law as a field of endeavor, this provision
> > still violates the DFSG. Remember, what's called breaking the law where I
> > live (selling marijuana, prostitution) might be called making a living
> > somewhere else.
> The license only speaks about international law.

1) Any use of analog which is illegal under international or local law is
   forbidden by this licence. Any such action is the sole responsibility of
   the person committing the action.
   [Some jurisdictions regulate the collection and processing of data relating
   to individuals, for example.]

But the question is: are there cases this copyright would add legal
obligations that the user doesn't already have?

I would like to see this phrased as a reminder (e.g. if spam is illegal
then using analog to generate spam is illegal), but I don't see that it
violates DFSG.