Re: IBM public license

Raul Miller <moth@magenta.com> writes:

> Note that this quote uses the phrase "licensed as a whole".
>
> If you continue reading (top of the next page), you'll see:

I don't see how that section applies to the scenario we're discussing
(a program that reuses some code from an IBM-licensed program and some
code from a GPL'ed program).

> But when you
> distribute the same sections as part of a whole which is a work based
> on the Program, the distribution of the whole must be on the terms of
> this License, whose permissions for other licensees extend to the
> entire whole, and thus to each and every part regardless of who wrote it.

This clearly states that the parts I reuse from the IBM-licenses
program must be GPL-licensed when I distribute my program. Which IBM
does not allow me to.

--
Henning Makholm