Re: Intent to package: GREED

On Mon, Apr 26, 1999 at 03:29:09AM +0200, Martin Bialasinski wrote:
[...]
> Quote:
>
>   Known bugs:
>   Won't download from ftp.microsoft.com. (like you will want to anyway)
>
> If the author blocks ftp.microsoft.com, this blocking has to be
> removed or the programm has to go to non-free because it violates
> point 6 of the DFSG.

The other respondents to this are right that software behavor can't violate
the DFSG, only licenses can, and GREED is under the GPL.  If there were a
block, you'd be Free to remove it, so it's Free software.  However, the
inability to download from ftp.microsoft.com isn't a block, it's a bug:
Question?:      Why won't greed let me download files from
                ftp.microsoft.com?
Answer!:        Truthfully, I have no idea... it logically doesn't
                make any sense... I've logged into thier server before to
				see if they do anything abnormal, but unfortunately they
				don't... If anyone has any suggestions on this matter, please
				e-mail me ;)
If you could get rid of the block, I'm certian he'd love it.

	-=- James Mastros
--
(Warning: I am not a Debian Developer, just a not-stupid.  (I try, anyway.))
"My friend Data: You see the world with the wonder of a child, and that