Re: The APSL and Export Controls

According to John Hasler:
> So everyone must go to the Apple site to get the code and "click"
> the button?  No one can redistribute the code?

That's an interesting question.

On the one hand, Apple couldn't possibly intend that to be so.

On the other hand, distribution that isn't based on a contract
(i.e. based strictly on copyright law) can't possible require some of
the things that the APSL requires.

At this point I've reached the limits of my legal knowledge (IANAL,
after all).  I'll see what the Apple Legal people say.  It'll be an
interesting answer, I'm sure.
--
Chip Salzenberg      - a.k.a. -      <chip@perlsupport.com>
      "When do you work?"   "Whenever I'm not busy."