Re: The APSL and Export Controls

On Sat, Mar 27, 1999 at 12:14:50PM -0500, Chip Salzenberg wrote:
> > I _DO NOT_ like liars and that is exactly what you people at OSI are
> > doing, lying to me.
>
> Hm.  And the possibility that we just misjudged the license is entirely
> beyond your ability to believe, eh?

It is.  Especially after Eric responded to Debian/SPI/Bruce saying that
he didn't misjudge the license and trying to say that we're just trying
to make trouble for him.  After that, hell no I can't believe it was
simply "misjudged".

Had there been a different response more on the tone of "maybe we did
misjudge it, we'll work on it" I might have been more willing to accept
"misjudged the license" as a good reason.  At this point it's just a sad
excuse.

* james would be more impressed if netgod's magic powers could stop the
  splits in the first place...
* netgod notes debian developers are notoriously hard to impress