Re: Recently released QPL

Wichert Akkerman <wichert@cs.leidenuniv.nl> wrote:
> That makes it non-free.. *sigh*. Is this the only issue that makes
> these two licenses incompatible?

As Joseph has pointed out in his flame, this probably doesn't make
it non-free.  [Since you don't have to give a copy if it's "available
to the general public" and even if not you only have to give a copy if
you're explicitly asked.]  [And, I probably shouldn't have used the word
"whenever".]

However, the issue still stands as it's a restriction which isn't present
in the GPL, and I believe it's the only remaining issue.  [But I've not
put enough time into studying this revision of the QPL to be completely
sure of that.]

--
Raul