Re: Recently released QPL

Wichert Akkerman <wichert@cs.leidenuniv.nl> wrote:
> > Has anyone looked at the final QPL yet? I'm curious if it is GPL
> > compatible now, and if not exactly why not.

At the moment, there's still a problem where [oversimplified:] the QPL
requires that whenever you distribute the program you give Troll a copy.

Navindra Umanee <navindra@cs.mcgill.ca> wrote:
> The GPL requires you to distribute a derivative product under the
> terms of the GPL. QPL will not let you distribute Qt under the GPL.
> Can they ever be compatible?

Neither requires that the entire program be licensed under only one
license.  Both have requirements which apply to the other licenses
which apply to other parts of the program -- it's just a matter of
making sure there's no conflict in those requirements.

It's plausible that this could be done, though it hasn't happened yet.

--
Raul