Re: UW gave permission for PINE

On Wednesday 3 March 1999, at 13 h 51, the keyboard of Santiago Vila
<sanvila@unex.es> wrote:

> > #ifndef RMS
> > if we want Debian to succeed in that field, non-free is an essential
> > part of Debian
> > #endif
> Personally, I don't care whether or not Debian succeeds in that "field".

"field" was referring to biology. If you don't care about non-free, you can stop trying to convince the biologists to use Debian, because the vast majority of biology programs is not DFSG-free (for various reasons, the most common being that the licence prohibits selling).