Re: Draft new DFSG - r1.4

    JH> Milan Zamazal writes:
    >> This is a question.  You can look on publication which was
    >> received through the program [SWI-Prolog] as a derived work of
    >> some kind.  It can be looked in similar way as e.g. output of ray
    >> tracer or compiler.

    JH> The output of a compiler is not normally considered a derivative
    JH> of the compiler.  Especially not a free compiler.

I think both my and your examples are mistaken.  The problem here (IMO,
I'm still waiting for clarification from the author), which is worth to
discuss is: There is some knowledge, from which you derive other
knowledge and present it as your achievement.  Is it OK to require you
have also reference the original knowledge in your presentation?

Milan Zamazal