Re: license requirements for a book to be in free section

Scripsit Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org>
> On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at 04:44:44AM +0100, Henning Makholm wrote:
> > However, I'm not really sure whether the DFSG should also be read as
> > requiring the free right to make and sell hardcopies. One could argue
> > either way from the text of the DFSG, I think.

> IOW, I have to explicitly ask O'Reilly editor permission to sell
> hardcopies obtained from the electronic version, right?

I hoped I made it clear that I'm unsure about the necessity of that.
I'm soliciting comments from other debian-legal people.

--
Henning Makholm                      "The compile-time type checker for this
                           language has proved to be a valuable filter which