Re: Can't hibernate Toshiba laptop

I'll try but reading about it I found out that it's not possible to create swap files in btrfs... so I'll keep looking until I found a solution or resize my swap partition, but I can't do that for now, any help is welcome !

Grettings from Cuba.
LordFord.

[I'm subscribed; please don't CC me.]

* Leonel Salazar <leonel.lordford@gmail.com> [170926 19:25]:
> Hmmm... I was just reading about that this evening, I think that might be
> the real problem... maybe the others suffering this issue have similar
> situation... I'll try to have more swap available and test again...

You don't need to backup and reinstall.  Read the man page for mkswap;
you can create a swap file rather than a swap partition.  I.e.

# fallocate --length 12G /swap
# mkswap /swap

will create a 12GiB file, /swap, that can be used as a swap file.

In order for it to be used by hibernate, I think it must be in
/etc/fstab.  You can probably create it, edit fstab, turn on the swap
file with swapon, and then test hibernate without first rebooting.

I don't know whether hibernate will use both swap files, choose the
larger, or choose the first (or something else).  It might be a good
idea to comment out the fstab entry for the 1G swap partition and turn
it off with swapoff before attempting to hibernate.

HTH...Marvin