Re: Can't hibernate Toshiba laptop

Hmmm... I was just reading about that this evening, I think that might be the real problem... maybe the others suffering this issue have similar situation... I'll try to have more swap available and test again...
Thanks.
LordFord.

1 Gb swap partition since I have 8 Gb physical RAM available
"

When you invoke hibernate your system tries to stuff contents of your 8GB RAM into your 1GB swap partition.  Do you see how that works?

I doesn't but at least you get an error message.  Backup everything then reinstall with 8GB swap partition.

Good
luck
!

Ciao!
    ///
 //////// |(°)           .  \\\
////////          -   |  :   \\\\
////////          -   |  :   \\\\
 //////// |(°)           '  \\\
   ///

---- Leonel Salazar <leonel.lordford@gmail.com> wrote:

=============
Yes I have a 1 Gb swap partition since I have 8 Gb physical RAM
available... I just cat /var/log/syslog | grep "hibernate" and got

systemd-hibernate.service: Main provess exited, code=exited,
status=1/FAILURE
hibernate.target: Job hibernate.target/start failed with result
'dependency'.

And similar messages.... I'll try google it later tomorrow wen back online,
I can't access internet afterwork... any help is welcome !
Regards from Cuba.
LordFord.