Re[2]: Graphical display is black after upgrade from Debian 7 to 8

06.05.2015 10:16, Eric S Fraga <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk>
>On Tuesday,  5 May 2015 at 11:43, Bob Holtzman wrote:
> > On Tue, May 05, 2015 at 09:57:17AM +0000, Ulff Kleber wrote:
> >> I have no idea what has gone wrong. A laptop with only text mode is fairly useless.
>
> For the OP, have you (a) looked at the system logs (which you can easily
> do in text mode) and maybe (b) reconfigured the X server?

Regarding the (b) point: the easiest way to check if the problem is with X server configuration
is to move xorg.conf (normally under /etc/X11/) to e.g. xorg.conf.bak and then reboot to see if that helps.
The reason this may work is that X server tries to perform auto-configuration during startup,
so any xorg.conf problems would be bypassed.

But the logs (point (a)) should give more specific infomation.
Maybe also have a look at /var/log/Xorg.*.log, specifically for (EE) lines.

HTH,
Bogdan

Поторопись зарегистрировать самый короткий почтовый адрес @i.ua
http://mail.i.ua/reg - и получи 1Gb для хранения писем