Re: Graphical display is black after upgrade from Debian 7 to 8

On Tuesday,  5 May 2015 at 11:43, Bob Holtzman wrote:
> On Tue, May 05, 2015 at 09:57:17AM +0000, Ulff Kleber wrote:
>
>> I have no idea what has gone wrong. A laptop with only text mode is fairly useless.
>>

> Only to someone who hasn't put out the effort to learn to do things with
> the CLI.

Very true ... but maybe not very helpful for the OP?

For the OP, have you (a) looked at the system logs (which you can easily
do in text mode) and maybe (b) reconfigured the X server?

--
: Professor Eric S Fraga, CPSE, Chemical Engineering, UCL
: GnuPG/PGP key 0xFFFCF67D, http://www.ucl.ac.uk/~ucecesf