Re: Installing Debian with only 64mb RAM

On Sun, 19 Apr 2015 12:38:40 +0300
Reco <recoverym4n@gmail.com> wrote:

> No. 'Embedded' ends if your RAM exceeds 1M. In that case you really
> need stripped-down kernel. 64M is plenty as long as you don't run X
> with all the bells and whistles.

Whose definition of embedded is this? Cheap, low end consumer grade
routers these days usually have at least 4 MB of RAM - and I just
checked the homepage of the OpenWrt wiki, and noticed a note referring
to "lower end devices with only 16 MiB RAM". Are you saying that these
are not considered embedded?

Celejar