Debian on Acer Aspire E15

New to list, and thought I'd let Debian play with my other boxen, being
Amateur radio and all that, and it looks like it might be a neat
entertainment box with its large screen.

I have a new Acer Aspire E15 that came pre-loaded with Billyware, and
after first checking it out with FreeBSD I upgraded it to Debian 7.7.0
(although I see that 8 is now out).

It sees neither the wireless nor the trackpad, although FreeBSD found them
(and I can't remember what they were); I'm told that this is because they
are proprietary devices; I wish I'd known that beforehand, but the laptop
was offered as a special deal.

I perused the appropriate web page, but the Aspire E15 is not specifically
mentioned.  Can I just barge ahead with one of them and see what happens,
or has someone already done this?

Booting from the FreeBSD CD again, "moused" definitely sees the trackpad,
but it's not clear which device it is; I'm seeing (abbreviated):

    ums1: <vendor 0x06cb product 0x2970 [...] on usbus2>
    ums1: 2 buttons and [XY] coordinates ID=2

which I presume is the trackpad (the USB optical mouse is seen), and

    ugen1.4: <Chicony Electronics Co.,Ltd.> at usbus1

which I believe is the camera (Debian sees it too).  Hmmm...  No sign of
the wireless here, either.  Have I bought myself a brick, suitable only
for Billyware?

Thanks.

--
Dave Horsfall DTM (VK2KFU)  "Bliss is a MacBook with a FreeBSD server."
http://www.horsfall.org/spam.html (and check the home page whilst you're there)