Re: problem with wlan0

On 01/13/2015 10:00 AM, bhalios . wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I m experiencing a problem with my wifi adapter. My network adapter is
> atheros ar9485.
> I am using debian jessie with kernel 3.16.0-4 and ath9k as a driver.
>
> When my laptop boots, I have connectivity to wifi networks. After a while I
> loose connection and I cannot connect any more, as it appears that wlan0
> does not work.
>

> I have used both gnome-network-manager and wicd and they both report
> something like "Could not find any wireless networks".
>
> Has anybody experienced the same problem, or has any idea about what might
> be wrong?
>
> Cheers,
> Babis

I had this problem a few months ago, and in my case, it turned out that,
for a reason I never cleared up, debian had started assigning wlan1 to
the device, instead of wlan0. I filed a bug report, and the developer
downgraded it to 'wishlist'
--
hkp://keys.gnupg.net
CA45 09B5 5351 7C11 A9D1  7286 0036 9E45 1595 8BC0