problem with wlan0

Hello,

I m experiencing a problem with my wifi adapter. My network adapter is atheros ar9485.
I am using debian jessie with kernel 3.16.0-4 and ath9k as a driver.

When my laptop boots, I have connectivity to wifi networks. After a while I loose connection and I cannot connect any more, as it appears that wlan0 does not work.

I have used both gnome-network-manager and wicd and they both report something like "Could not find any wireless networks".

Has anybody experienced the same problem, or has any idea about what might be wrong?

Cheers,
Babis