Re: Measures against overheating

Thanks for the info ! Indeed, on my laptops it just worked fine since long. However, i was talking about a PC (always ON AC) and there, i needed to install the daemon to have the CPU actually scaled. Or at least i did not know hot to user-configure the kernel driver. The cpufreqd config is easy to grok.

As i said, it's experimental, to save energy and reduce heat. I don't feel any performance loss since then. It's a 3.2.x kernel btw, i just downgraded to testing after i nearly screwed the box with too heavy version/arch experiments.