Re: Broadcom BCM4312

2013/3/26 Sergio Pereira <sergiopereira@sein.com.br>
Em 25-03-2013 19:33, Freddy Van Ingelgom escreveu:
Hello all,
I installed Debian Wheezy on a desktop computer and it simply works great! Congrats go to the developers!
I am thinking of replacing Xubuntu 12.10 on my Dell Inspiron 1750 labtop also with this Debian Wheezy.
Before making this decision,  I like to know if someone has some experience with the Broadcom BCM4312 wireless of this laptop.
On Ubuntu this was a painful thing: altough things go a little bit better the last few weeks, I regularly lose my wireless connection and have then  to put down the network (on the labtop) and put it on again to have connection again.
Is there a good driver around these days for this hardware?
Thanks for the highly appreciated help!
Freddy

Hi Freddy.

I have a Dell Vostro 3500 with Debian Wheezy and the Broadcom BCM4312 wireless works without any problems. You need only install the firmware (firmware-brcm80211 ) and have fun.

[]'s and good luck.

Sérgio

--

Freddy, I have Debian for 2 years and my wireless is bcm4312, I install its driver with simply
aptitude install firmware-b43-lpphy-installer

go ahead with your change! good luck.

Paulo