Re: laptop hp dm1 3080 problems: clickpad, IDT High Definition Audio CODEC, Realtek smart card reader, Ralink/motorola/broadcom 2011 wifi

I did as you said, but, do I have to put it like this:

debhttp://security.debia.... ....

or like this:

deb http://security.debia..... ..

because when I updated it gave me an error.

I am sorry if this is a naive question.
Thank you again

2012/1/20, Luís Bandarra <lbandarra@gmail.com>:
> On 20-01-2012 17:28, Fernando Gadea wrote:
>> The "force version" option is darked, I mean, present but not
>> available, even if I am in superuser mode. I tryed Ivanov's idea
>> (sorry I did not reply in time, Mr. Ivanov) but the Ralink link is
>> dead.
>> Should I install a previous version of Debian?
>
> If you select the package it's darken?
>
> Let's try this:
>
> 1. Back up your sources.list
>
> 2. Create a new sources.list with only:
> # non free squeeze updates:
> debhttp://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/  squeeze main contrib non-free
> deb-srchttp://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/  squeeze main contrib non-free
>
> debhttp://security.debian.org/  squeeze/updates main contrib non-free
> deb-srchttp://security.debian.org/  squeeze/updates main contrib non-free
>
> # squeeze-updates, previously known as 'volatile'
> debhttp://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/  squeeze-updates main
> deb-srchttp://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/  squeeze-updates main
>
> 3. In /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ create squeeze-backports.list and write to
> it:
>
> # debian backports
> debhttp://backports.debian.org/debian-backports  squeeze-backports main
> contrib non-free
>
> 4. Run synaptic as root and do reload.
>
> 5. (Hopefully) "Force version" will be available when selected the packages:
> linux-base
> initramfs-tools
>
> 6. Select linux-image-2.6.39-bpo.2-amd64
>
> 7. After that choose the firmware-ralink backport (0.33)
>
> Hopeful it will work!
>
> If it doesn't work, or prefer to compile (method sugested by Ivan), the link
> for the module is http://www.ralinktech.com/en/04_support/support.php?sn=501
> and choose the driver you want. It ask for registration after that.

>>> Using synaptic, you need to "Force version" on the packages: linux-base
>>> and
>>> initramfs-tools and them select linux-image-2.6.39-bpo.2-amd64
>>> After that, you should select firmare-ralink from backport.
>>>
>>> If after that it doesn't work try the method sugestted by Ivan T. Ivanov:
>>> "Try instruction described here:
>>>
>>> http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=11206409&postcount=82
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Ivan