Re: Lenovo T520i X11 Intel i810 "static display" issue

Hi Martin-

Thanks once again, I really appreciate your help.

I downloaded the linux-image-3.0.0-1-amd64 deb file from Debian Sid as you
suggested, but when I tried to install it I got this error message from
the package instaler:

"Error: Dependency is not satisfiable: linux-base (<=3~)"

Hmm... I thought at first that referred to the fact that I had booted into
my 3.1.0-rc1 kernel, but I also tried it after booting into my old
2.6.32-5-amd64 kernel and still I get the same error message.

Can you explain how to work around this?

When I search inside Synaptic for linux-base I only see the one that's
installed- 2.6.32-35, even though I am running the 3.1.0-rc1 kernel... so
I am confused. Do I need to add a new/different repository to my
sources.list file in order to install a later version?

Thanks so much,

Keith Ostertag