Re: Lenovo T520i X11 Intel i810 "static display" issue

Am Dienstag, 16. August 2011 schrieb keitho@strucktower.com:

> Dr. Mobius, Bill Brelsford, et all:
>
> Did anyone find a solution or even a cause for this "static display"
> problem upon resume from suspend?
>
> I see that Martin Steigerwald claims that upgrading to 3.0 solves the
> problem, but it hasn't solved the problem for me- I am running
> 3.1.0-rc1 with all upgraded packages on my Thinkpad T520 and the
> problem persists. In looking around on the Internet I see that others
> have the same problem, and _sometimes_ upgrading mysteriously helps,
> but no one seems to know a definitive answer.
>
> I would appreciate any help anyone can offer.

Please try exactly 3.0.0 from the debian package. This is what I am using
with Debian Sid.

Might well be that 3.1.0-rc1 has some bug. Its a rc1.

I am using KDE 4.6.5 with Powerdevil via pm-utils hibernation or suspend
to ram and both work out of the box.