Re: Lenovo T520i X11 Intel i810 "static display" issue

Hi Martin-

Thanks for your reply.

Can you tell me _how_ to "try exactly 3.0.0 from the debian package"? If I
donwload the source for 3.0.3 (the most recent stable kernel on
kernel.org) I will then need to build a .config file- and obviously my
attempts so far have been wrong. I'm new to Linux, and guessing at the
thousands of configuration lines in make menuconfig isn't working for
me...

The most recent debian distribution only uses 2.6.39 (or so), so I am not
sure how you mean to try 3.0.0 from "the debian package".

Can you explain further? Is there some way to get a 3.0.0 kernel with
"default" or generic .config file that will work with debian on my T520?

Thanks,
Keith Ostertag