Re: strange issues with squeeze and udev rules

> Maybe I'm missing something, or maybe it's a bug...

> 1. Is hal depreciated in squeeze, in favour of udev?
> 2. I'm not familiar with a Debian-specific way of doing any of this;
> here is my resource for trackpoint configuration:
> http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/How_to_configure_the_TrackPoint
> 3. The udev method didn't work as it should.

Have you read the above URL recently?  It does point to "The Right Way",
which is using XInput.  The usually favored program to control it is
gpointing-device-settings, which is of course available as an
Debian package.

This way is much more right than earlier ones (hal/udev/xorg.conf)
because it is done by the user rather than by the sysadmin.

        Stefan