Re: what laptop to buy

Thierry Chatelet wrote:
Dan, you should definetely ask the computer retailers in your area
about Debian (or just mention Linux) support on the laptop. Even
though chances are slim that they will bother making a recomendation,
if we do not let them know that there exists a Debian / Linux market
then they will never offer Debian-compatible laptops for sale. Right
now we are at the stage where we must let them know that we even
exist.

Good luck!

Agree to that. And in some countries where laptops are sold with Windows product installed by default, many manufacturer will propose to move it away and to give you some money back. Check that on the web site of the manufacturer of the laptop you decide to buy.
Thierry

Hello everybody!

Daniel,
Maybe that link will be useful for you:

http://www.emperorlinux.com/mfgr/lenovo/toucan/

That should give you an idea what laptop you should buy.

Chris.