Re: hibernation with new kernels

On Thu, 2009-02-19 at 23:51 +0330, Nima Azarbayjany wrote:
> I surely know what a tea kettle is, I just do not know what Frank
> meant by saying turn off the tea kettle is his email.

It was just a joke. I mean that you can't expect other readers to guess
where that noise came from... why not the kettle near your computer ;-)

Noisy network adapter are common nowadays, especially when transfering
data large amount of data over the network. I have never investigated
that fact.

> It did not make sense to me.

You probably wondered what I meant... I also wondered what could
possibly be your problem.

> I am really not fluent in idiomatic English.

> I am new in seeking help from mailing lists, so I may make mistakes
> and may not follow the rules correctly until I learn enough.  Can you
> please be clear?

We all want to learn, you are welcome here.

> On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 11:18 PM, Gerard Robin <g.robin3@free.fr>
> wrote:
>         On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 08:34:17PM +0330, Nima Azarbayjany
>         wrote:
>                 From: Nima Azarbayjany
>                 <my.informal.conversations@gmail.com>
>                 To: Frank Lin PIAT <fpiat@klabs.be>,
>                        SmartList <debian-laptop@lists.debian.org>
>                 Subject: Re: hibernation with new kernels
>         I am sorry, I do not know what the tea kettle is.
>
>                         Turn off the tea kettle.
>         dict kettle gives:
>         >From The Collaborative International Dictionary of English
>         v.0.48 [gcide]:
>
>          Kettle \Ket"tle\ (k[e^]t"t'l), n. [OE. ketel; cf. AS. cetel,

Regarding the the hibernation speed, If I remember correctly there were
a few kernel around 2.6.22 which were slower *on my laptop*, then around
2.6.26 if got faster again. YMMV

Franklin