Re: hibernation with new kernels

I surely know what a tea kettle is, I just do not know what Frank meant by saying turn off the tea kettle is his email.  It did not make sense to me.  I am really not fluent in idiomatic English.  I am new in seeking help from mailing lists, so I may make mistakes and may not follow the rules correctly until I learn enough.  Can you please be clear?

Thanks.

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 11:18 PM, Gerard Robin <g.robin3@free.fr> wrote:
On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 08:34:17PM +0330, Nima Azarbayjany wrote:
From: Nima Azarbayjany <my.informal.conversations@gmail.com>
To: Frank Lin PIAT <fpiat@klabs.be>,
       SmartList <debian-laptop@lists.debian.org>
Subject: Re: hibernation with new kernels
I am sorry, I do not know what the tea kettle is.
Turn off the tea kettle.
dict kettle gives:
>From The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48 [gcide]:

 Kettle \Ket"tle\ (k[e^]t"t'l), n. [OE. ketel; cf. AS. cetel,
    cetil, cytel; akin to D. kjedel, G. kessel, OHG. chezzil,
    Icel. ketill, SW. kittel, Dan. kjedel, Goth. katils; all
    perh. fr. L. catillus, dim. of catinus a deep vessel, bowl;
    but cf. also OHG. chezz[imac] kettle, Icel. kati small ship.]
    A metallic vessel, with a wide mouth, often without a cover,
    used for heating and boiling water or other liguids.
    [1913 Webster]
      {Kettle pins}, ninepins; skittles. [Obs.] --Shelton.
      {Kettle stitch} (Bookbinding), the stitch made in sewing at
       the head and tail of a book. --Knight.
       [1913 Webster]

>From English-French Freedict dictionary [fd-eng-fra]:

 kettle [ketl]