Re: color wonky on external monitor

Gireesh Sreekantan <sgireeshmail@gmail.com> writes:

> On Wednesday 28 October 2009 19:40:46 Tyler Smith wrote:
>> However, on resuming from hibernate, the
>> colors are all wrong - the screen looks like a rainbow. I can still make
>> out the windows and even read some of the text, which allows me to exit
>> fluxbox and restart X. After that everything is fine.
>>

> Try doing
>
> xset dpms force suspend
>
> and then move the mouse or hit a key to see if the display comes back
> properly. My laptop gives a blank white screen on resume from hibernate and
> the above helps. Since you're using fluxbox, it may be easier to set up a
> shortcut for this command before you do the hibernate. That will ease your job
> instead of having to type the command correctly in a messed up display.

Thanks Gireesh,

The color problem is sporadic, and didn't recur again until I resumed
from hibernate this morning. Unfortunately, xset dpms force suspend
didn't help. When I run this command, the screen blanks for a second or
two, then reappears exactly as it was before. Note that I don't have to
touch the mouse or keyboard, the 'suspend' only lasts a few seconds.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Tyler