color wonky on external monitor

Hi,

I'm having trouble with the colors on an external monitor. If I boot up
and run X, there's no problem. However, on resuming from hibernate, the
colors are all wrong - the screen looks like a rainbow. I can still make
out the windows and even read some of the text, which allows me to exit
fluxbox and restart X. After that everything is fine.

I had some more serious problems with hibernating and the external
monitor, which I fixed by adding:

OnResume 20 xrandr --auto

to /etc/hibernate/common.conf. Any suggestions on how to correct the
color without restarting X?

Thanks,

Tyler

Debian Squeeze
Fluxbox 1.1.1 : (c) 2001-2008 Fluxbox Team
Linux eku238261 2.6.30-2-686 #1 SMP Sat Sep 26 01:16:22 UTC 2009 i686 GNU/Linux
Server reports RandR version 1.3
Driver      "radeonhd" [From /etc/X11/xorg.conf]
HP Elitebook 6930p
HP L1910 external LCD monitor, accessed through an HP docking station