Re: Suspend / Hibernation

Thanks Adrian.

On Fri, 11 Sep 2009 18:35:01 +1000, Adrian Levi wrote:

> 2009/9/11 T o n g <mlist4suntong@yahoo.com>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> The Suspend / Hibernation feature works out of box in Unbunto on my
>> Acer Aspire (AS5536), but I want my Debian (debootstrap based) works
>> the same as well. How should I do that? I meant, there seems so many
>> packages/ tools able to do that, which are the recommend combinations?
>>
>> I've done some extensive search but this is the only Debian-based
>> writing that I found, which makes use of s2ram:
>>
>> Put your Debian Lenny laptop to Sleep
>> http://www.debiantutorials.org/put-lenny-to-sleep-debian-gnulinux-
>> lenny-308
>>
>> Please help me to the correct direction.
>
> On my acer i just right click on the battery / ac power icon in the tray
> and select suspend to ram|disc. I'm not on it atm so i can't tell you
> the package that provides this function. Do you have the laptop task
> installed?

my Debian is debootstrap based, ie, only the packages that I hand picked
are installed. I'd like to know the recommend package combinations
that provide the function, and better not desktop specific, because I
normally don't use any desktops but a simple window manager (fluxbox).

Anyone know a good web page that covers setting up suspend / hibernation
under Debian?

Thanks

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)