Re: VM Ware Player under Debian Lenny AMD64 on laptop

C M Reinehr wrote:
> On Fri 24 July 2009 02:45:31 pm James Brown wrote:
>
>> C M Reinehr wrote:

>>> James,
>>>
>>> Download VirtualBox from the Sun repository, rather than the Debian
>>> repository. You'll get a more current version and USB will work:
>>>
>>> http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Linux_Downloads
>>>
>>> There are some features of VB that are not available in the open source
>>> edition (ose) available from a Debian repository which are available in
>>> the version from Sun.
>>>
>>> HTH
>>>
>>> cmr
>>>
>> I did this installation but now I have something strange: when I gave
>> command "virtualbox" the bash answered me that this command didn't found.
>>

> The binary is VirtualBox (/usr/bin/VirtualBox) -- mind the capitalization.
>
> cmr

Very thanks. It is enough write VirtualBox in the terminal (but when I
used virtualvox-ose I wrote virtualbox, not VirtualBox).
Now I have a very strange problem: after booting the Windows under my
new VirtualBox my system (either Windows under VirtualBox or Debian on
my phisical machine, I cannot use Ctl-Alt-Del, Ctl-Alt-Shift, Ctl-Alt-Fn
and I cannot do any more than to press poweroff button on my laptop.
In the 3rd time after booting Windows under VirtualBox my system (on
physical machine) was crash, power was off without any my doing and my
phisical machine rebooted.
Now I am afraid maybe it was a virus of the BIOS I cached through
VirtualBox?
Or maybe it is simply becouse I boot my Windows from vmi-disk created on
my old virtualbox-ose 1.6?
But if is the last why so strange and awful behavior of my computer?!