Re: Radeon Mobility M7 (7500, T41) very slow 3D

* Bogdan <do.IT@i.ua> [2009 Apr 14 02:33 -0500]:

> It might be useful to have a look at /var/log/Xorg/Xorg.0.log, if it has any errors/warnings related to 3D/2D performance (probably compare fresh logs to older, pre-update logs, to find if anything differs).

The clue was lines saying the DRI2 and DRI were unsupported by screen0,
therefore AIGLX failed to start.

> These are only ideas, just as you asked :)

It seems a lot of breakage will be fixed in the forthcoming 2.6.30
kernel.  The new Xorg drivers are incompatible with the drm and radeon
kernel modules in 2.6.29 and older.  This page helps to explain a bit
of the issue:

http://wiki.debian.org/XStrikeForce/CurrentProblemsInUnstable

Also, it appears that rebuilding the drm and radeon modules has solved
the problems of others so I may try that too:

http://wiki.x.org/wiki/radeon%3Ar6xx_r7xx_branch

- Nate >>