Re: Radeon Mobility M7 (7500, T41) very slow 3D

Hi,

I'd first check Xorg Debian package changelog to see what exactly changed, and then check the Device section of /etc/X11/xorg.conf for any misconfigurations or suboptimal options.

It might be useful to have a look at /var/log/Xorg/Xorg.0.log, if it has any errors/warnings related to 3D/2D performance (probably compare fresh logs to older, pre-update logs, to find if anything differs).

These are only ideas, just as you asked :)

> After the recent Xorg upgrade the 3D performance of my T41 with an
> afore mentioned Radeon Mobility M7 (7500) chipset has gone from smooth
> 3D performance to very slow and choppy.  I can't tell that I'm missing
> any relevant packages, as no dependencies are unsatisfied at the
> moment.
>
> All of the GL Xscreensaver modules are now very slow and jerky and the
> new KDE4 will not enable desktop effects which the forthcoming Kubuntu
> 9.04 supports on the same hardware without issue.
>
> Ideas?

Теперь в ДВА раза больше хостинга от Hvosting.ua!
http://hvosting.ua/actions.html