Re: can not select video card and set resolution with dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg

On Wed, 8 Apr 2009, Frank Lin PIAT wrote:

> Nowadays, there is (almost) no need to specify the video driver and
> resolution in /etc/X11/xorg.conf... thanks to xorg auto-configuration
> and X-Window's randr.

It helps to have an explicit configuration file, with all parameters, and
a an easy to use configuration tool. It is possible to simplify users'
life without hiding useful information. If the automatic tool does not
recognize a card or if I want to do something different, why not?

Loredana