Re: URGENT - v5.0.0 amd64 (stable): Broadcom 4321AG Wi-Fi adapter not detected

Hi John,

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 11:21:49PM -0700, John Wesley Cooper wrote:
> If it is not possible for me to use my built in Broadcom 4321AG, then would
> my spare Gateway WBU-110 Wireless Adapter work?

>From what I can determine, the WBU-110 [1] contains a Prism (not Prism54) USB
chipset.  You can try to use the linux-wlan-ng driver.

This is not included in the mainline Linux kernel, an installation procedure is
available on the Debian Wiki [2].  If using linux-wlan-ng provides support for
your device, please let the list know.  I don't see vendor/product ID 107B:55B2
being listed as supported however.

Alternatively, you can attempt to use NDISwrapper with the NDIS driver provided
by the vendor [3].

Geoff

[1] http://support.gateway.com/s//NETWORK/7004808/7004808nv.shtml
[2] http://wiki.debian.org/linux-wlan-ng